I once read a book that said life will be a collection of peaks and valleys. And how we live thru both will help us find peace. I can’t find that book anymore, but I recently found my notes from that book.
As a general rule: Peaks and Valleys always feel like they will last a really long time. They will not.
To get out of valleys faster:
- Relax, it will end.
- Do the opposite of what got you there.
- Serve more at work. Love more in life.
- Avoid comparisons – you have your journey, they have theirs.
- Uncover the good in the bad – there’s always a lesson there somewhere.
To stay in the peaks longer:
- Be humble and grateful
- Do more of what got you there
- Do more for others
- Save resources for upcoming valleys
Enjoy peaks, learn from valleys. Both are part of life. And they are never permanent. The soul of life comes in the transitions.